Looking to help aid and boost lactation for breastfeeding? Try Myrtle & Maude's organic herbal tea with is quickly becoming their best seller.
- Biodegradable tea bags
- Caffeine Free, Certified Organic & Certified Vegan
- Ethical Tea Partnership
- Free from artificial colours and flavourings
- 15 x Tea Bags (can be used more than once!)
- Natural solution & Discreet shipping packaging
Organic Lactation Tea for Breastfeeding
In the first few days, you and your baby will be getting to know each other. It may take time for both of you to get the hang of breastfeeding, this happens faster for some women than others. Most women produce enough milk for their baby but if you need a helping hand M&M have created a unique blend to assist you. After childbirth nourishment and replenishment are essential for a new and nursing mother. Dame nature not only supplies the equipment to breastfeed but the plant allies to support and sustain a new mother and her bundle of joy at this precious time.
Myrtle & Maude's passion is to offer reassurance & comfort with the very best natural products giving mums-to-be the best start, advocating wellbeing, and aiming to support parents through those early days of pregnancy and beyond. M&M's lactation tea does more than it says on the tin! We have created a nutritious blend of carefully selected herbs to help boost healing and fight fatigue for mothers after birth and to promote the healthy supply of breast milk during nursing.
Galactagogue herbs stimulate the production of milk. Galactagogues (translated from the Greek ‘galacto’ for milk and ‘agogos’ meaning flow), which are herbs that stimulate milk production. However, they also found that many galactagogues are also powerful uterine stimulants and may cause contractions, so it’s important not to use them during pregnancy.
About Myrtle & Maude's ingredients...
- Fenugreek seeds are a strengthening post-birth tonic stabilising emotions, soothing nerves, helping to replenish energy levels, and promoting the production of breast milk.
- Fennel seed is a renowned breast milk enhancer and in addition to cumin, an excellent digestive herb.
- Aniseed, beneficial for promoting lactation and encouraging healthy breastfeeding.
- Nettles and alfalfa leaves have been used since the times of the druids as a nourishing mineral-rich tonic and to improve the quality and quantity of breast milk.
- Caraway, have the property to stimulate lactation in nursing women.
- Chamomile to relax and soothe the nervous and digestive system. M&M's lactation tea is a power-packed post-birth blend to support and nourish, and all in a delicious cup of tea.
For optimum health and healthy breast milk production, drink up to three cups of lactation blend per day, relax and enjoy!
Each pouch contains 15 tea bags - As each bag contains whole leaves, herbs, flowers, and fruits, don’t throw it away after one use, why not top it up throughout the day by adding water to get the most out of the botanicals.
What does the NHS say?
NHS state some women use herbal remedies to boost their breast milk supply. Fenugreek is the most common herb used by breastfeeding mothers, with women reporting finding it helpful. Fenugreek has been reported to be an excellent galactagogue for some mothers, which has been used as such for centuries.
Fenugreek 17%, Aniseed 17%, Fennel Seed 17%, German Chamomile 17%, Caraway Seed 16%, Nettle Leaf 16%