If this product has variations please let us know in your order comments which variant you would like.
- 50ml bottle
- A unique blend of natural ingredients to help condition and nourish perineum skin
- Promotes skin elasticity which in turn reduces the chance of tearing during birth
- Perfect for perineal massage from 34 weeks of pregnancy
- Clinically and gynecologically tested to be kind to sensitive skin
- No scent
- Vegan formulation
- 100% Natural Ingredients: Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Tocopherol, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil*, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*.
Lansinoh’s Organic Pre-Birth Preparation Oil nourishes and conditions the skin of the perineum through perineal massage, proven to help prevent tearing during childbirth. With a blend of 100% natural ingredients, this perineal oil has been designed specifically to be used to massage the perineum from 34 weeks of pregnancy - conditioning and nourishing the skin, as well as promoting skin elasticity, in turn reducing the chance of tearing during birth.
Before you start, ensure your hands are clean and nails are clean and short. Then make yourself comfortable with one leg raised on a stool, sitting, or lying down. Apply your perineal massage oil to your fingers and make small, circular movements on either side of your vulva, warming the tissue. Then place your thumb or finger about an inch into your vagina and gently stretch the tissue at the entrance, holding it between your thumb and index finger. Massage from the 6 o’clock to 3 o’clock position, then from the 6 o’clock to 9 o’clock position, focusing on the area at the entrance to the vagina, gently but firm enough to work into the tissue. Finish with gentle outwards stretches at the 5 o'clock and 7 o'clock positions, holding for 30-45 seconds.
Lansinoh’s pre-birth perineum massage oil is especially effective when used alongside our other award-winning Birth Preparation & Recovery products.